Short Film Competition by Human Rights Film Center (HRFC) and in Support of Governance Facility (GF)
Human Rights Film center announces applications from individuals/organizations from all around the country. The Applicants interested in the Topic; My Federal Nepal can submit their short films before the last date of submission. Following are the dates and conditions to be applied during the process.
Human Rights Film center announces winner of short film competition (My Federal Nepal ) which includes film created by individuals/organizations from all around the country.
“My Federal Nepal” Short Film Competition 2018
Film: Mero Sangiya Nepal
Dir. Y. K Thapa
Prize: Trophy and Cash Award NRS 1 Lakhs
1st Runner up
Dir. Rajendra Maharjan
Prize: Trophy and Cash Award NRS 60 Thousand
2nd Runner up
Film: I Say ( Ma Bhanchhu)
Dir. Bishnu Prasad Gautam
Prize: Trophy and Cash Award NRS 40 Thousand
- Orientation with students in some of the Film Colleges in Kathmandu: 19 to 22 March, 2018
- Last date of Submission: 22 April, 2018
- 10 finalists will be decided by: 22 April, 2018
- Jury will decide award Winners By: 27 April
- Award Ceremony: 29 April (will be decided after discussion with GF Nepal)
Due to overwhelming response and demand for some extra time from the interested participants, the deadline for the competition has been extended by 5 days to the midnight on April 22, 2018.
- To promote and advocate for ensuring human rights of all through visual medium with sensitization of filmmakers as well as rights advocates on the impact of filmmaking on human rights issues
- To understand the public understanding of federalism by inviting youths to make films on the issues
- To sensitize the local actors and general public on the pertaining issues of human rights in Nepal and globe and to advocate with the policy makers on ensuring appropriate policies at all the three levels of government
- The competition is open to all Nepali National
- There is no bar of age for the filmmaker
- The film shouldn’t exceed 5 minutes in length
- The film can be a work of fiction, documentary, animation, music video or any other form of visual medium
- It could be in any language recognized by the constitution of Nepal
- The film must be subtitled in English or Nepali
- The film must be shot in HD format
- Filmmaker must acquire copyrights permission for all the audio and visual used in the film
- Individuals related to HRFC and Governance Facility is not eligible for the competition
- The film submitted to this competition shouldn’t have been released on YouTube or any other platform and not been submitted to other competitions.
- Top ten films will be selected during the first round.
- The jury comprising of a member from HRFC, Governance Facility and a prominent Nepali filmmaker will decide the final winners.
- Jury’s decision will be final.
- Comprise of 3 members, one from GF Nepal, One from HRFC and a prominent Nepali Film Maker.
- Choose Three award winners
- The top ten films will be screened at a particular time slot during the 7th Nepal Human Rights International Film Festival to be held in Kathmandu.
Award will be given to three best film selected by Jury including First, Second and Third prize. The award will have total Cash Prize of NRS 2 Lakhs and Trophy as follows;
- First Prize: Trophy and Cash Award NRS 1 Lakhs
- Second Prize: Trophy and Cash Award NRS 60 Thousand
- Third Prize: Trophy and Cash Award NRS 40 Thousand
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org